For Accurate metering of LIGHT, MEDIUM & HEAVY OILS, ORGANIC LIQUIDS & SOLVENTS
This meter falls under the category of Positive Displacement Meters. The Steam of liquid is momentarily interrupted in order to isolate a predetermined volume. This quantity is then discharged and the stream is again interrupted to isolate another similar volume.
The measuring unit of this meter utilizes the mutating piston movement. This movement is similar to the action of a coin which has just been spun and is coming to rest. This design feature maintains the metering accuracy over a wide range of flows and is hardly influenced by variations in viscosity and temperature.
Low headloss is in practice achieved by eliminating reciprocal parts and by allowing sufficient clearance between the piston and the measuring chamber to eliminate friction. In effect the minute clearance between the edge of the piston and the measuring chamber is effectively sealed by a film of liquid.
For line size : ½” to 6”
IMPORTANT FEATURES :
• High accuracy and repeatability with low pressure drop.
• Materials of construction changeable to suit the measured liquid.
• Large metering range for varying viscosity.
• Easy dismantling and cleaning without removing the meter from the pipe.
• Standard Meters : +/- 2%
• Special Meters : +/- 0.5%
• Constant viscosity & restricted flow rates can give even better accuracy.